I have a Compaq CQ42-247 model laptop. When the system powers on I will disable wireless using the wireless button. But after every reboot it is turned back on. How can I configure it so that this does not happen?
1) Right click the Network Manager notification applet
2) Click Edit Connections...
3) Under the Wireless tab, click edit on the connection(s) you want to disable by default and click edit.
4) Uncheck Connect automatically
5) Click apply, close the window, rinse and repeat.
sudo iwconfig wlan0 txpower off
Replace ‘wlan0? with your wireless card name displayed in ‘System’ > ‘Administration’ > ‘Network Tools’ under the ‘Network Device’ Drop Down List