How can I disable the ‘Libraries’ function in Windows 7?

DoItMyself January 1, 2011

I despise the “Libraries” that Windows 7 automatically uses. I prefer to do all organizing myself. Can I remove or disable “Libraries” function from Windows 7 Home Premium?

Libraries are useful when you put the data on a different partition instead of having them stored in C:

You can also delete the folders in the library. Then it will not collect files for the folders. You can then create the folders or a new folder at a later date if needed without changing the registry.

Win7 Library Tool

bypassing Libraries and set Windows Explorer to open and show the prefer folder by default.

Just for your information:
    Libraries are no real folders which organize your files.
    Libraries are consolidated views of specified folders containing your data (by right-click > Properties on one of them you will see what I mean).

Following article provides a Registry Script to disable/remove the Libraries: