How can I convert a .mix file to .jpeg?

Stryder007 March 6, 2010

I need software that can change a .MIX file to .jpeg or something more recognizable.
I have some old photo files that are .mix format. I can find nothing that will allow me to change the file format. HELP please! Thanking You.

  1. Saabb99
    December 14, 2010 at 12:36 pm

    I use stil for normal quick design and installed it on Vista.... it works so far only the thumbs are not showed.

  2. Anonymous
    March 7, 2010 at 12:53 am

    Get hold of a copy of Microsofts Photodraw - it's out of date, but uses .mix files as it's native format - and can save as most graphics formats, including .jpg.

    Incidentally I still use it constantly, and find it great for simple design work. Can't imagine why they dropped it.

    • Ervet76
      December 2, 2010 at 9:19 pm

      Doesn't install on Windows 7 or Vista....

  3. MrMister52
    March 6, 2010 at 3:08 pm

    You may also want to try PolyView. This is a shareware program, but you can use the unregistered version for free and it is fully functional. Here's the link:

  4. MrMister52
    March 6, 2010 at 2:43 pm

    I found a couple of posts on the website that may help you solve this problem. Please read the post by "Anonymous" dated May 5, 2002 and the post by "bhovey23452" dated May 14, 2002. Here's the link: Hope this is helpful. Good Luck.

    • Pina2bow
      November 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm

      Wow, PolyView was so simple to use even I could do it.  took about 5 minutes to download and convert all my MIX files to JPG.   This had been a real frustrating problem until you referred me to PolyView.   Great product.

      • Kin2you2
        January 24, 2012 at 9:24 pm

        Polyview didn't work for me, neither did word.
        downloading digital image starter to see  if that works

Ads by Google