Can you please compare or tell which is best NTFS-write tweak for Mac?

Aswath June 4, 2011

I have tried tried NTFS-3G, which I believe is paid as Tuxera NTFS. Is Parage NTFS better? Or any other of your choices?

1. Andrea Galli

I have been using Paragon NTFS for Mac (now at version 9) for several years It is extremely fast and never gave me any issues, you forget it is installed.

It is a commercial software, but I think it is reasonably priced and definitely worth it. They also have a trial version, give it a shot.

which makes it possible to use any FUSE (File-system in USErspace) file systems in Mac. And the most useful FUSE is the NTFS-3G Read/Write Driver, which ables system to load NTFS with read and write capability.

Tuxera NTFS for Mac
    Eliminate the dependency on an external MacFUSE installation. Instead  include a customized rebranded version of MacFUSE as a part of the file system driver

Yes, Tuxera is the commercial version of NTFS-3G.

There is an older benchmark showing Paragon NTFS being the fastest, followed by Tuxera and then NTFS-3G. I'm not sure how representative it is today.

Since I don't use any of them myself I don't have first hand experience.

4. Eingebildet

I've used NTFS-3G for several years and have had no issues with it. There are two versions, a free one and the Tuxera commercial one. The only real difference is that the free version is usually a generation behind the commercial one and doesn't have the same level of tech support. Never used the Parage product, and have never even heard of it.