What is the best, commercial, easiest, and feature rich video editing software?

Osama Javaid May 14, 2011

I want to get a video editor, it doesn’t matter how costly it is because I want to shift my video editing skill from Windows Movie Maker to a professional program. Tell me which one to go for. I want the easiest yet feature rich product.

1. napper

Lightworks is a easyish, professional and best of all open source video editing app. http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

2. Sean A Panting

I honestly think you should go with CyberLink PowerDirector 9. I have no video editing skills... except for something simple like on windows movie maker. But, ive created two videos so far of my friend dry firing a bb gun(one of a rifle, and another of a pistol), and the videos look nice with just the special effects i put into them. http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html

Hello,  TMPGenc is pretty good.  Now it has a new name TMPGEnc Master works.  Here is the link:

4. Saikat Basu

Any thoughts on  CyberLink's PowerDirector? As suggested by ezuk, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 is also pretty well recommended by some review sites.

Corel released VideoStudio X4 a short while ago, and it's a lovely app really. I can't say if it's the very best one, but it's what I currently use.

Also, Avid have some interesting options -- there's Avid Studio that is supposed to be very good:
    They're pretty much the industry leader, so they might be a good option.

iMovie is the best value, consumer ready video editing package around for 99% of peoples needs. Of course, you'll need a Mac. 

Honestly you won't find any professional program that qualifies as "easy"...
    The only options I know of are Adobe Premiere Pro or one of the Avid Products.

Adobe Premiere Pro

Avid Home Video Editing Products (2nd link is a feature comparison)

Avid Media Composer (the profession version)

8. Lance Carr