How can I change the assigned letter of a hard drive partition?

Charles Gamarski February 1, 2010
Pinterest Stumbleupon Whatsapp

My hard drive reflects “F” how can I change it back to “C”???

  1. Anonymous
    February 1, 2010 at 4:32 pm

    Changing the drive letter is accomplished in Computer Management - Disk Management.
    You can access computer Management by right-clicking on the My Computer icon and choosing manage.
    Right-click on the drive to change and choose Change Drive letter and Paths...

  2. Emir
    February 1, 2010 at 4:18 pm

    Rigt click on My Computer>Manage>Disc Management>Right click on the drive you want to assign a new letter

  3. Anonymous
    February 1, 2010 at 4:10 pm

    The easiest way is to right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the box that opens, select Disk Management under Storage. Select the drive you want to change and right click. Select Change Drive Letter and paths.

    However, you might want to find out why your drive letter changed in the first place.