I’m an Interior Design student and we have to run software such as Autocad, Sketchbook Pro, Revit and Sketch-up. I don’t mind spending the money if I REALLY need to, I just want to make sure I get what I need.
Here are the MINIMUM requirements:
- CPU: Intel or AMD dual/quad/6-core processors (2.33Ghz or better)
(avoid Celeron and Sempron processors as they are not designed for 3d modeling)
- Display: 15″ (XGA) minimum
- RAM: 4 GB minimum (More RAM = Faster Performance)
- Hard Drive: 160 GB minimum
- Optical Drive: DVD +/- R/RW
- Video: High-end graphics processor (These change frequently so consult IT staff or sales for
recommended models. Generally, a computer model geared for “Gaming” will have sufficient video card support. Avoid “Integrated” Graphics Cards.)
- Network: Wired: 10/100 mbps
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n Wireless Card (Integrated is standard)
- O.S.: Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate (Preferred) MS Vista Pro/Ultimate (Acceptable)
- Warranty: 3-year extended recommended
If anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciate it! ANY information regarding the would help!