Can you help me jailbreak an iPhone 4 with a broken power button?

a a January 11, 2013

Basically, my iPod touch 4 32GB’s top power/lock/sleep button has stopped working.

So I though I would jailbreak it again, I am quite experienced with jailbreaking, and have done it many times before using many different tools but never on a device that can’t physically get into DFU mode. So I thought I’d try this DFU IPSW that you can make in RedSn0w. I made it and successfully booted into DFU mode.

I then tried to jailbreak in RedSn0w, but it failed while uploading the second stage.

So I went to Sn0wbreeze, this made a custom IPSW, I tried shift-restoring to the IPSW it puts on your desktop but it gets to the end and gives me error 1600. I read that iH8Sn0w updated iREB to make it work with error 1600, but maybe not with DFU IPSWs? As I tried using his standalone iREB6 from, and got the same error when attempting to restore in iTunes.

Is it not working because of this DFU IPSW? If so, how can I fix it? Is it possible to get into DFU without using the IPSW?

1. Phil Botsky

How can this even happen?

Firstly,use the latest versions of RedSnow and other tools required to perform a jailbreak as mentioned in the link below.
    Your device might be under soft DFU mode which needs to enter into pwned DFU mode for which you can try creating a pre jailbroken firmware which jailbreaking using RedSnow.

How To Jailbreak And Enter DFU Mode With a Broken Home or Power Button -

Error 1600 For 5.0.1 – Quick Fix -

It seems that it's not possible without ISPW files as it's an integral pat of jailbreaking process.