I have a Windows 8 system with a touchscreen. When I’m on a website I use for school like Connect Math or Wiley Plus, and I need to use the mouse, I find it keeps pulling open the Charms bar. It gets a little frustrating, so how can I disable it?
You say you're on 8, but just in case you're actually on 8.1:
If you are indeed on 8 and not 8.1 then I'm not sure there's another way to do it besides editing the registry.
Use Start Menu 8 to deactivate!
1) Control Panel-Mouse
2) turn off "Right Edge Swipe"
1) Control Panel- Mouse Properties-Device Settings.
2) Settings. Select Properties.
3) Expand the option labeled Sensitivity.Click on the option labeled Touch Sensitivity.
4) Reduce the touch sensitivity setting by moving the slider to the right, towards the "Heavy Touch" label.
go to control panel, synaptics touchpad and disable side swipe function.