How can I restore my data from a GingerBread app to KitKat on an Android phone?

Srinivas N August 14, 2014

I recently moved from GingerBread Android phone to KitKat as I bought a new phone.

I have been using a app which takes a back up with .db extension and was hoping to use this backup file to restore the data on the new phone. When I downloaded the app it was exporting/importing to storage/emulated/0/com.mapaps.tracker so I was hoping to copy the file to this path in KitKat. However, I cannot find this path in any of File manager apps like astro or ES file explorer. I tried showing hidden files but that didn’t work and when I go to storage/emulated/0/ it take me back me to the home path. I have even tried to connect to a computer but no luck. Please help to find a workaround to copy file to storage/emulated/0/com.mapaps.tracker so that I can use my old database in new phone as well.

1. Pawan K

You can use the same app on the PC via BlueStacks or Andy and then the data can be found easily within the related folders in C drive of your computer.
    I found a way to use Android apps for PC here,

storage/emulated/0/ is the "internal SDCard", what should be displayed when you connect android device to pc On some devices that place is available also as either /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard
    try to reboot your device while connected to pc?
    If your app reads from external storage...
    Your app can not read shared files on the external storage when running on Android 4.4, unless your app has the READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission. That is, files within the directory returned by getExternalStoragePublicDirectory() are no longer accessible without the permission. However, if you need to access only your app-specific directories, provided by getExternalFilesDir(), then you do not need the READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.

maybe you need root access

3. Srinivas N

Oron Hi...It is Pocket Budget App

Can you tell us which app you are using?