How can I use the broadband service of my ISP while I’m travelling?

c.k.s. June 5, 2010
Pinterest Stumbleupon Whatsapp

Can a person using Windows Vista 64.bit and a local internet service provider ( via broadband take their laptop out of state traveling and still be able to use the internet?

  1. Aibek
    June 14, 2010 at 5:37 pm

    As far as I am aware, many mobile carriers these days offer such services. They either let you use your current mobile as a wireless modem or give you a USB modem (size of thumbdrive). I have used both of those over the last 3-4 years while travelling.

  2. Merryann Palmer
    June 6, 2010 at 4:29 am

    If you want to use your own ISP, your best course of action would be to search out free WIFI hotspots to access the net at. Then you can get your email and do whatever you need to. This site can be a big help in locating them:

    Remember: If you use a public access point, be sure your computer is secure (no file sharing, etc.) and don't send any personal information (stay out of your bank account!) .

  3. Jack Cola
    June 6, 2010 at 4:05 am

    I am not sure for your specific circumstance, but in general you will need to have a mobile internet plan.

    I suggest contacting your ISP because they may need to do some configuration on their side to get it to work properly. With that being said, you will probably be charged roaming charges which can be quite expensive.

    Best thing to do is contact your ISP.

    That being said, if you are going to a place that has free WiFi (or even paid WiFi), then you should be able to access the internet on your laptop.