What is the best Blu-Ray player for under $140?

Rachel Kapsalakis August 26, 2012

I don’t really want one with a lot of bells and whistles. I would like region free and the one that has the best audio and picture quality. I have been looking at the Samsung BD-E5300 (you can use a code to unlock it to be region free)

I don’t really need internet connectivity or 3D.

Thanks I would really appreciate any help I can get. I have given myself a headache and spent the best part and night of a few days on this! It’s doing my head in!!!

1. Joshua

The Toshiba BDX1200 is a phenomenal Blu-Ray Player for the cost. Best of all, it's region-free so it plays Blu-Rays and DVD's from anywhere in the world. It has BD Live, USB port, and more. I bought one 2 months ago and absolutely love it. The website I got if from specializes in international electronics so all of their players are able for use in any country (110-240 volts) and they're also region-free.

Here's a direct link to the one I bought for $99. http://www.220-electronics.com/toshiba-bdx1200-region-free-blu-ray-dvd-player.html

You can't get all that from ANY Blu-Ray at Best Buy!!

2. Tony Batty

Rachel, you are one lucky Gal, newegg.com has this one in particular for far under what you imagine, you could almost buy two units.

Good Luck.

3. i0ni

The really good ones are more expensive than that. Try checking ebay.

4. Darren Reynolds

Samsung BD-E5300 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player is nice one, good review and goes for about £70 here in the UK.

5. Erlis Dhima

If you want a good one, they go over $400...
    But, another option would be to check amazon, and see there the prices!
    Also take a look what the others comment....

Panasonic DMP-BDT220 ($130 street price) -

It's the best as it has fastest reading speed.Worth value too.

7. April Eum

i would check this site out, they're verified and most importantly they have region free blu ray players for cheap. by the specifications, most of them play hd by 1080i/1080p