I have a number of USB disks, and every time I plug them in the drive letter is changed, so how can I made permanent drive letters?
i dont understand why have to go through the mmc snap in?
1) start -> run -> "compmgmt.msc"
2) select disk management
3) change drive letter
is this can help
USBDLM V4.6.4 - USB Drive Letter Manager for Windows 2000, XP und höher
Permanently Assign Drive Letters to USB Devices
1) Go to Start > Run
2) Type mmc in the box and hit enter.
3) Microsoft Management Console will now open. Select File > New
4) Now select File > Add/Remove Snap-in… (or press “Ctrl+M”)
5) Select “Disk Management” and click “Add”
7) Select “This computer” and hit “Finish”
8) press “OK” on the “Add or Remove snap-ins” screen.
9) select “Disk Management” from the left menu
10) You will now see all of your drives/partitions in the right panel.
11) Right click the USB drive you want to assign a permanent letter to and select “Change Drive Letter and Paths…
12)? Click on “Change…”
13) Select a permanent letter Click “OK” It will warn you about making the change – there is little chance programs you use will be affected by this. If they will, you will probably already be aware of this so don’t worry.
14) The final step is to select File > Save and save the file in the default directory. Close the Console and you are done.