Are there any legitimate tips or tricks for increasing website traffic?

Srikar S August 25, 2013

Hello everyone,

The traffic to my website is very low. Does anyone know tricks to increase more traffic?

Thank you

1. MakeUseOf TechGuy

Srikar, to be honest this is impossible to answer effectively without sharing your site URL. I could probably tell you within minutes why you're not getting traffic. If you're prepared to accept the brutal advice, then please share.

2. Diya K

I am good traffic from stumbleupon. If any of your posts get popular there, it gives you huge traffic.

Make sure it is indexed by as many search sites as possible.

Use SEO optimization techniques so it will get ranked appropriately by search sites.

Cross-promote with other sites with similar content. This generally isn't possible if they are direct competitors, but if they provide complimentary content, it can work wonders.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

You're missing the core point, I think: write better content. They will come.

• Bruce E

You could have the answer to everything in the universe, but if it doesn't come up in a user's search nobody will ever have the chance to read it.

BTW, I was already assuming that the content was worth searching for in the first place. If it isn't, the SEO rankings should end up reflecting that as well.