How can I open folders in Explorer that have shortcut arrows that when clicked say: Access is Denied?
Didi you manage to fix the issue using one of the above mentioned tips? Please let us know.
Jessica's answer works best, but in case you are not comfortable playing around with the command line, you could use the following guide to add "Take Ownership" to your right-click menu.
Type 'cmd' in the Start menu search box and type 'takeown /f NAMEofYOURfolder' without the quotes and replacing NAMEofYOURfolder with the folder path from which the shortcuts are giving you trouble. This will make you owner of the folder. After trying this, does the shortcut still show the 'Access Denied' message?
Couple of things:
1. Does the shortcut actually refer to a folder that you have access to
2. If it's a shortcut to a network drive, do you have permission to access it
3. Can you access the folder without going through the shortcut?
4. What operating system are you using?
5. What are the paths of the folder and the shortcut?