I just bought my computer and put it together and everything but the hard drive is working. It shows up in BIOS, but not in my computer.
First open Start>Run
Once diskpart is open type as I have written below...
Type DISKPART> list disk and press enter
This will give you the disks that are available
You will find that one of your disk will be stated as OFFLINE
If that happens check which disk number is that and type as below
DISKPART> select disk *num* and press enter
DISKPART> select disk *num*
*num*=it is number of the disk
now after that
Type DISKPART> ONLINE DISK and press enter
Your disk will be activated and shown**
You can take help here also for more explained instructions
I hope it helped..
thank you sir
Hello, did you assemble the computer yourself? Is this the main drive or a second one? Did windows 7 recognized the drive with no problem? If windows 7 recognized the drive and installed there, you should not need to initialized the disk. If it was a second drive you would have to. You could try using the seagate tools to analize the drive.
Does the drive show in disk management or device manager?
1) Right-click on “My Computer” then Click on “Manage”
2) Double-click “Disk Management” You will probably see Seagate Disk
3) Right-click in the left portion of that drive box seagate Disk
4) Click “Initialize” and “OK” in the next dialog box. Wait few seconds and it should now say “Online” in the box.
5) If there is no assigned drive letter, right click on the big space of your seagate hard drive then choose Assign drive letter or Change Driver Letter and Path