10 Signs You Are A Great Candidate For MakeUseOf
- You constantly tell people about the latest gadgets and the coolest web apps.
- You enjoy playing with technology, trying new gadgets, or discovering new stuff online.
- You are the first person friends and family come to when they have a problem with their computer.
- You can communicate in a natural and unbiased way.
- You enjoy writing and you master the English language very well.
- You are experienced in writing detailed and helpful tech articles for blogs.
- You possess good working knowledge of the WordPress blogging platform.
- You can take cool screenshots and turn them into images suitable for use in articles.
- You are not using Internet Explorer as your standard browser. I was kidding in case you are able to convince us that the latest IE actually rocks!
- You have a panic attack when the Internet goes down.
What We Offer
>> The chance to work for one of the best tech sites in the world.
>> An audience of several million people each month and over 220,000 Facebook fans.
>> The experience of working with a lively and diverse team spread across the globe.
>> The chance to make friends in every corner of the world.
>> Training on the job during a one month probation period.
>> Constant feedback that will help you improve your articles and become a better writer.
>> The opportunity to advance professionally and grow as a person.
>> A pool of story ideas to help you through the occasional writer’s block.
>> A fixed minimum of $60 per article, excluding bonuses.
What We Expect
<< You have a sense of humor and a strong team spirit.
<< You are eager to help & support others at work and through your writing.
<< You commit to us for the long term as a freelance contractor.
<< You provide us with at least one publishable article per week.
<< You collaborate with editors to improve your writing.
<< You implement changes where necessary.
<< You answer emails and instant messages in a timely fashion.
<< You quickly respond to reader comments on your published articles.
<< You actively participate in internal discussions.
<< You are able to accept bank transfers or Paypal payments (into a verified Paypal account).
Do you think you have got what it takes? Then please fill in our application form below. We are looking forward to hearing from you!