This is a risky move for the creators of Zootool. If everyone is only willing to pay $1.00, then they will be taking a financial hit. However, it seems they feel their users are savvy enough to know a good product when they see one, and are willing to pay accordingly.
The pro version does offer some great features that should prompt users to at least be willing to pay a few bucks. The full list of pro features include:
- Email Inbox: All pro members get their own Zootools inbox.
- Facebook and Twitter Sync: All links submited to Twitter or Facebook sync to Zootools.
- Flickr Sync: Any photos in your Flickr favorites will be added to your bookmarks in Zootools.
- Public Packs: Packs can be shared with your friends.
- Unlimited Packs: No more 20 pack limit, you can now have as many as you want if you are pro.
- Ad-Free: No more ads cluttering up the screen.
- Free Upgrades: Any upgrades to the service will come automatic and free.
Overall, a risky move for Zootools, but one that will be very interesting to watch what people are paying. How much would you pay for a service like this?
Source: The Next Web