Writethat.name is an interesting service that aims to keep your Google/Gmail contacts in order by updating them with new address book information such as phone numbers or mailing addresses for existing contacts. It automatically extracts the email signature of senders and then runs them against existing contacts. If a change is needed, it updates the corresponding contact accordingly.
If you select auto-update, everything is done behind the scenes. Otherwise, it will send an email report at the end of the day for you to review. Once reviewed, you can hit the “Check” button and it’ll then update the information.
The service uses OAuth and OpenID to connect to your Google account and never deletes any of your data. It is currently free while in beta, and expects to charge $3 per month or $20 per year after the beta period.
- Keep your Google contacts up-to-date.
- Completely cloud based and automatic.
- Let it auto-update or do a manual review first.
- Similar tools: Scrubly, Gist, AddressBookOnline, Flexadex and BigContacts.
- Also read related articles:How To Remove Duplicate Contacts on Windows Mobile
5 Great Tips To Manage Your Google (& Android) Contacts
Check out Writethat.Name @ www.writethat.name