For web developers, a sitemap is the required plan before they begin building a website. A sitemap displays how the webpages on the site will flow and what their connections will be. WriteMaps is a wonderful visual sitemap creator to easily create and share sitemaps.
WriteMaps is a free web service that lets you create a map for your website. After creating and logging into your account, you are provided with a teal canvas and a single page thumbnail. From this thumbnail you can create page connections for each page, a URL and notes. You can save the map anytime using the File menu in the top left.
The map can be exported as XML code or as JSON code and saved in a text file for later recovery.
You can share the map via a unique URL. You can enable and disable sharing anytime. You also get to choose whether or not let visitors to the map’s URL edit your sitemap.
- A user friendly sitemap creator.
- Lets you save your maps and revisit them.
- Lets you add a URL and notes for each page thumbnail on the map.
- Lets you get XML and JSON codes for your map.
- Lets you share your map via a unique URL and lets visitors to that URL edit your map.
- Similar tools: SlickPlan and RapidsSiteMap.
Check out WriteMaps @ www.writemaps.com