Some apps are quick to call an update huge when there is only a few new features. That is not the case with the WordPress app. Their latest update hits the app store with an absolutely staggering 180 new features and improvements.
The most obvious change is the completely redesigned user interface. The new version uses a slide out menu, which will look familiar to anyone accustomed to Facebook’s iOS applications. This makes editing your blog quick and efficient. They also added a post format option, which allows users to set a format and theme for the post.
Some new features have been ported to the iPad version that many users were missing. The most notable of these is the quick photo upload.
Some other improvements on the app are:
- Enhanced stats – View your full WordPress.com stats right from within the app
- Friend Finder – Find friends using WordPress with your other social networking accounts
- New Post Preview for iPad – See a nicer looking preview on iPad
- All-Around Landscape Support – Works for both versions of the app
- Easy Site and Dashboard Access – Quick dashboard buttons included in the sidebar
Overall, this is a great update from the folks at WordPress. They have also stated that they are already working hard on getting their next update to market.