With over 600 kinds of venomous snakes existing in the world, you never know which one is near you. The World Health Organization has created a database of venomous snakes of the world. You can search for venomous snakes by name and see which areas of the world they exist in along with their anti-venom information. On the other hand, you can also search by anti-venom and see which snakes they work against.
The tool shows you detailed maps of areas where these snakes exist along with several pictures of the snake so you can easily identify them. It is a great tool for people who want to know more about snakes or for scenarios where people have been bitten by snakes and are looking for anti-venom.
- Database of snake species and their location.
- See anti-venom information for venomous snakes.
- See information about the manufacturers of anti-venoms.
- Search by snake name or by anti-venom.
- No registration required.
Visit WHOBloodProducts @ apps.who.int/bloodproducts/snakeantivenoms/database/default.htm