It is remarkable how places change with time. Have you ever wondered what your native city looked like in the past? If yes then What Was There is a website you should definitely visit.
What Was There is a wonderful website that lets people upload old photographs of places in the world. Visitors to the website can view these photographs by browsing to different locations on a map. You can see what different sections of your native city or any other place in the world used to look like. With each photograph there are details that you can view to get better information. Amongst other things, these details include the year the photo was taken. Sections of the photographs can be magnified to get a better look at those old photos.
- A user friendly web service.
- Helps see how places looked like in the past.
- Lets you browse places via a map.
- Lets people upload old photographs of sites in a city.
- Covers numerous cities.
- Similar tool: LookBackMaps, SepiaTown, Georeader, HistoryPin, SimpleGuideTool and VideoMap.
- Also read related articles:
Check out What Was There @ www.whatwasthere.com