Accidentally clicking on mailto links and having them open your email app that has not had its settings fixed is one of those things we all have experienced. The way mailto links should work is by opening the email address in our web browser and in the email client we use. Here to help you do that on Mac computers is an app called Webmailer.
Webmailer is sized at nearly 1 MB and compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 or later. The app captures mailto links when you click on them and lets you open any URL you want with them. You can also get the app to run any shell scripts. Within the app you will links for popular emails such as Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, SquirrelMail, and Roundcube.
- A user-friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Mac computers.
- Can capture mailto links and open any URL you want with them.
- Can also get mailto links to run shell scripts.
- Comes with links to popular email service builtin.
- Also read related articles: Notify – An Elegant Gmail New Email Notifier, Postbox: An Alternative Email Client For Mac and Five Essential Smart Mailboxes For Apple Mail.
Check out Webmailer @ www.belkadan.com/webmailer