Voicethread is a powerful tool for creating multimedia slideshows and lectures. The application combines different media to create effective teaching materials and projects, stored online and easily shared and commented on by others.
Voicethread works with the idea that each picture is worth a thousand words. User can view slideshows, zoom and pan through images, and leave comments through voice, text, audio file, video, or even via telephone). With Voicethread, viewers are encouraged to actively engage in discussions using these commenting tools. All group discussions (or voicethreads) happen on one simple page.
Voicethreads are more organized than the usual live web conferencing interfaces since each comment are posted one at a time and stored in the thread so that future viewers can see them.
The features are designed to work well for educators in a distance learning environment. Students can create digital stories and reports, and teachers can demonstrate their research or prepare remote lectures.
Voicethread demo video:
- Start group conversations around images, documents, and videos.
- Embed and share voicethreads from your website.
- Comment in one of five ways: voice, text, audio file, video, or telephone.
- Free for educators.
- Draw doodles on top of images and videos.
- Moderator options for voicethread comments.
Check Out Voicethread @ www.voicethread.com