We all know YouTube is the place to go for videos of all descriptions. Well, those that are both legal and suitable for work, at least. There are alternatives to YouTube, but none that have the brand awareness and breadth of content that the Google-owned site can boast.
Channels have been a key ingredient in YouTube’s recipe for success. They allow content creators to shine, and give people a reason to return to the site on a daily basis. It was for this reason we explored the subject of YouTube channels in last week’s We Ask You.
YouTube, WeTube, EveryoneTubes
We asked you, What Is Your Favorite YouTube Channel Right Now? We didn’t quite get the flood of responses we were hoping for. However, enough comments trickled in through the week to allow us to create a list of your favorite YouTube channels.
The variety of channels we had recommended to us cover a wide range of genres and styles. Channels which tug at the heartstrings sit alongside channels full of offbeat humor. Channels detailing scientific discoveries sit alongside channels full of entertaining information.
This tells us that the average MakeUseOf reader isn’t average at all. You may all share a love of technology in its various forms, but beyond that your interests venture off in all sorts of weird and wonderful directions.
These differences are something to celebrate, and we celebrate them here with a truly eclectic list of YouTube channels which come highly recommended by you. And you. And possibly even you. But not you at the back. You’re creeping me out a little.
- Eldad Hagar – Pet Rescues
- Lindsey Stirling – Classical Musician
- StarTalk Radio – Science Celebrities
- Scott Manley – Gaming Astronomer
- IISuperwomanII – Girly Comedy
- RepoNut – Vehicle Repossessions
- NerdCubed – Snarky Gaming
- Vsauce – Enlightening Entertainment
- CGP Grey – Entertaining Explanations
- Robbaz – Puzzling Playthroughs
Please do check these YouTube channels out, as someone has taken the time to write a comment pointing us in the direction of something they love. We may end up not agreeing with their viewpoint, but surely we owe them the courtesy of finding out one way or another.
Comment Of The Week
We received a lot of great comments, including those from Tom W, Paul W, and Tug R. Comment Of The Week goes to Ryashini K, who won with this comment:
I don’t have one. I have lots.
1. Matthew Santoro – Comedy videos with cool and interesting facts. I love his commentary and his alter-ego Eugene who makes occasional appearances. My favourite video: youtu.be/gVc1AqQ3k58
2. WahBanana! – This one’s a comedy channel which caters to Asian audiences but there’s a white guy in the cast. They are based in Singapore. My favourite video: youtu.be/EDHY6qkpW6o
3. TreePotatoes – These guys were the original cast of WahBanana! before they left to start their own channel. In the same mold but much funnier and wackier. My favourite video: youtu.be/J8SZ_uAvMa8
4. Vsauce – Of course, how could anyone forget this one? My favourite video: youtu.be/PEikGKDVsCc
We Ask You is a weekly column in which you have your say about a particular subject. We ask you a question each week, with the results compiled and compressed into a follow-up article the following week. This column is nothing without your input, all of which is valued.
Image Credit: Jonsson via Flickr