With so many URL shortening services coming up, the chances of malware and spam has increased tenfold. You never know whether a TinyURL you see on Twitter is safe to visit or leads to a malware infected or NSFW webpage. Well, URLX-Ray solves this problem by displaying the original link without even clicking it.
There are two ways to use URLX-Ray, by entering the shortened URL on the site or installing the bookmarklet that will display the final destination of any highlighted shortened URL. To see how it works watch demo video below:
The tool has a dead simple functionality but solves a really big problem that users face nowadays. The only thing that can make this tool even better is a browser extension that works on mouse over.
- Get original URLs behind any shortened links.
- Works with almost all URL shrinking services.
- Good to filter out suspicious or NSFW links.
- No registration required.
- Similar tools: Untiny, UnShortn, ViewThru, and LongURL.
Visit URL X-Ray @ www.urlxray.com