Skin cancer has become a quiet epidemic, affecting plenty of people. Prevention and early detection is definitely something everyone should try to achieve for something so serious as skin cancer. Surprisingly, there is now an app, straight from the University of Michigan, which can help you with the early detection process.
With UMSkinCheck, you can keep track of all your dermatological blemishes using nothing more than the camera of your iOS device. More specifically, you can add any lesions you find anywhere on your skin — after the app helps you with a step-by-step guide of literally checking everywhere – and then keep track of its progression through regular photos. The app will then use its internal magic to determine whether the lesion is growing, which is a strong sign that you may have skin cancer.
You can also use the app to enter in personal data to calculate your overall risk for skin cancer, which could motivate you to be more alert.
- Check lesions for skin cancer with your iOS device’s camera.
- Step-by-step guide for checking all of your skin.
- Risk calculator.
- Straight from the University of Michigan.
- Similar: Symcat, Skin Condition Finder, Diagnosia, RateADrug, ICYou and SymptomChecker.
- Also check out our related article: 3 Sites To Help You Identify Unknown Drugs.
Check it out at the Apple App Store