Quick and useful online translator from Microsoft. Not only you can use it as a regular text translator but also as a browser for translating web pages. Text translations are quite straightforward, simply copy and paste text, select from/to langauges and you’re done.
When it comes to web page translation you get a bit more. Webpage translations will be presented in a Bilingual View (see image below), with original copy on the left and translated version on the right. From Bilingual view you can continue browsing through links in the original copy and simultaneuosly view corresponding translations on the second half of the screen. Basically, whatever is done on the left part gets instantly replicated and translated on the other half of the browser window.
- Perform usual text and webpage translations.
- Supports 14 major languages, including English, German, French, Spanish, Chineese, etc.
- Text translations are limited to 500 words.
- Some languages offer an option to produce translation that is optimized for computer-related text.
- Browse the original web page text and translation in parallel, supported by synchronized highlights, scrolling, and navigation.
- Switch between 4 different Bilingual View layouts.
Check out Translator Live @ [ translator.live.com ]