This week, we are looking at system utilities. These are the apps that can be used to help manage your Windows system. We will see utilities that help us defragment, fix and speed up our computers.
|Weighing in at first place, raking in 36,806,594 downloads of all time and almost 1 million downloads just this week is Advanced SystemCare Free. They automate pretty much every aspect of cleaning up your machine. It is geared toward non-technical people so you should not be intimidated by it. This is a great free alternative to something like Norton Utilities (Do they still make that?)|
2. Smart Defrag
|Smart Defrag helps you automate your defragmentation process so you do not have to remember to do it! I remember when this was an all day event ““ now with this free application it is a breeze to set and forget.|
|A suite of utilities that will help you keep your system spick and span. There are options in here to securely delete your files as well as see what is starting up with your computer (and stop it!)|
|This application allows you to download all your updates for downloaded applications in one place. It can query your software versions and tell you which ones need to be updated as well as how to do so.|
|Good old Crap cleaner! Use this to keep unwanted crap off your system. I used to run CCleaner every day on a schedule before my antivirus applications started searching for crap ““ware!|
- Auslogics Disk Defrag Another application that will let you optimize and automate the defragmentation process. I have actually used this one before and it was pretty quick.
- Wise Registry Cleaner Wise registry cleaner will fix up your registry by finding orphaned and corrupted keys. Always be careful when using a registry cleaner as it can harm your system if you do not know what you are doing.
- Easeus Partition Master Home Edition Partition Master is the equivalent of Partition Magic that any one who was using a computer 10 years ago heard of. Use this to resize or do pretty much any task you need to your partitions.
- Revo Uninstaller This is a application hell bent on removing applications that do not come with uninstallers or to clean up the junk left behind by another application after removal.
- 7-Zip will allow you to zip and unzip your files and folders for free. A much better alternative to WinZip or WinRar when it can be used.
You can also check out our very own Varun’s post on Glary Utilities here.
More articles about: