If you need to quickly get a thumbnail of a website or a webpage, check out Thumbalizr. It is a free web service that lets you take thumbnail screenshots of any webpage and save it on your PC. To take a screenshot go to their homepage, enter the website URL and press the “thumb it” button. Then wait while it loads the page (around 20-30 sec) and when finished it will display the extracted thumbnail of the webpage.
You can then download the generated website thumbnail in sizes 150 px, 320, px, 640px, 800px, 1024px and 1280px with a single click to your PC. Or you can enter your custom image width into the field and click “go” to get the custom thumbnail width. While no account is required to get thumbnails, if you register for an account you get access to additional features, which include being able to decrease the delay time, increase quality of the thumbnail, encoding type (jpg or png) and view recently thumbed webpages.
- Extracts thumbnail image of any webpage
- Thumbnail modes: get screen-size or full page screenshots
- Download screenshots in different resolutions: 150, 320, 640, 800, 1024 or 1280 pixel width. (see image above)
- Download thumbnail in custom width
- Get Thumbalizr bookmarklet: Firefox and Internet Exporer
- For developer: Thumbalizr API to display website screenshots on your website
- Free service. No registration required to extract and download thumbnails
- Register for an account for additional features – decrease the delay time, increase quality of the thumbnail, choose encoding type (jpg or png) and view recently thumbed webpages
- Premium services from 8 euros/month for additional features
Check out Thumbalizr @ [www.thumbalizr.com]