They Draw & Cook is a fun food recipe website. Unlike similar recipe sites, each recipe and its preparation steps are illustrated, so no more boring food preparation text. All the illustrations are submitted by various users (foodies, designers, artists) from all over the world, so each recipe is fun to view and different in its own way.
Similar to other recipe sites, you can browse recipes by meal type, illustration style and ingredient. To submit a recipe you have to register for an account.
Lasagna Rainbow: illustrated
Other useful site features include:
- Dial-A-Dinner – an automatic dinner roulette presented by Nate and Sally (site founders). Simply click on a picture and get a random dinner generated, consisting of a main course and dessert.
- “World Map” – where you can view and browse recipes submitted by fellow users on a Google map.
- Find or submit illustrated food recipes.
- Search recipes by meal type, ingredients and illustration style ( Creatively designed, Graphic & Modern, Stylishly lettered etc).
- Recipes submitted by fellow foodies, designers and artists.
- Follow new recipes and updates on Facebook and Twitter.
- Register to submit your own recipe illustrations.
Check out They Draw & Cook @ www.theydrawandcook.com