With an invention of multiple tabs in browsers it is easy to keep track and switch between multiple webpages from a single browser window. However, each additional open tab consumes computer memory. The more open tabs you have the more it slows down your computer. If you like to have multiple open tabs but don’t want to tax your computer’s memory, check out The Great Suspender.
To try it out, install the extension to your Chrome and define a period after which tabs should be suspended – 5 mins, 15 min… up to 12 hours. If you want to have certain tabs active at all times, add them to a whitelist. All the suspended tabs are kept in history, just in case. And if for some reason your browser crashes you will still be able to restore those tabs from the history page.
- Automatically suspends inactive tabs in Chrome to reduce memory consumption
- Suspends after a period of 5,15,30 mins and more depending on user settings
- Keeps history of suspended tabs
- Suspend/restore tabs manually with a single click
- Similar tools – PanicButton, Suspend Background Tabs
Check out The Great Suspender Chrome @ https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/the-great-suspender/klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon