We’ve got our first outbreak of Mac malware. The culprit? Microsoft Office. Java helped too! The point is, malware on your Mac is more likely than you think. Find out more by listening to this week’s Technophilia Podcast, earth’s favorite technology podcast, hosted by three MakeUseOf authors – Justin Pot, James Bruce and Dave LeClair.
This week: Justin removes unnecessary crap from Google Reader using Google Reader Readable. James uses the magical TriDef drivers to play his favorite PC games in 3D on his 3D television. And Dave is playing through Mass Effect 3, which he’s enjoying. We briefly discuss the Mass Effect ending controversy; there may be spoilers.
And, as always, the headlines:
- A Japanese court orders Google to remove words from autocomplete. Google ignored the order, because they’re rad. And not subject to Japanese law.
- Windows Live Messenger Censors Links to the Pirate Bay. And to think: just last week James was trying to defend Microsoft…
- British Parliament considering iPads for all members. Justin makes an ageist argument regarding why this won’t work.
- Viruses…On My Mac? It’s more likely than you think. James blames it all on Microsoft and Oracle. He might be right.
- French Law Cuts Piracy, Doesn’t Lead to More Music or Movie Sales. Not hard to figure out what we’ll think of this…
- The Queen’s speech this year will announce an invasion of British online privacy. Not as inspiring as the movie…
- Oh, and Google released this video:
James explains how Google Glass is completely possible. Justin says it’s a bad idea. Dave says something stupid, presumably.