This week on Technophilia, MakeUseOf’s Chief Visionary Officer Jackson Chung sits down with the crew to discuss the latest in technology nonsense. News is a little slow this week, so we’ll talk about some of the biggest new gadgets and news stories that broke over the last 356 days.
Media Temple is offering MakeUseOf readers a special 20% discount off their web hosting — choose from their GRID shared hosting, Dedicated virtual private servers, or DV Enterprise dedicated hosting and enter the code “makeuseof20” at checkout. The discount is valid for all hosting plans, and will take 20% off the initial payment, so make sure to select the annual subscription for more substantial savings. So if you’re thinking of setting up a new website, their GRID hosting offers good value for money, and with the discount code “makeuseof20” it only costs $160 for a year’s worth of hosting. Not applicable for hosting renewals, domains, or SSL certificates. First-time customers only. Visit Media Temple to get started.
- Libraries archive British websites, but you can only read them from a terminal in the meatspace, not on the web.
- Go Away Cameron blocks UK porn filters in Chrome.
- T-Mobile may pay off your cancellation fee from another carrier if you switch.
- Bill Gates is backing a smartphone battery that could run on human urine.
- US Army base running unlicensed Windows 7.
- T-Mobile’s prepaid service to offer free access to Facebook.
Today, we’re saying goodbye to our sponsor for the last several months, Bitdefender. Thanks for supporting our show. Bitdefender make some great products like Bitdefender Total Security, a complete security suite in a single package, so make sure to check out their website, bitdefender.com for more information. If you’d like to sponsor our podcast and reach out to millions of listeners, please get in touch with us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t call it a comeback: Vita sales on the rise after launch of PS4.
- No Man’s Sky developer flooded. Almost all of office lost.
- Samsung’s GamePad controller coming in a special Tab 3 bundle.
- Nintendo broke the Internets.
- The porn habits of gamers are interesting. It’s a slow news week.
We wrap up the show with our year in review content and as always we have plenty of listener feedback.