This week, we chat with Jon Holmquist, the man behind BitCoin Black Friday and a variety of other online shops that exclusively use BitCoin. We’ll talk about what it’s like to run a BitCoin store that sells neither drugs nor assassinations. We’ll also discuss coin, the $100 piece of plastic that combines your credit cards. Is it as stupid as we think? Listeners disagree. And people will soon be able to rent Watson, the computer that won Jeopardy. Can he do more than just win game shows? All this, and an epic rant by one James Bruce, in this episodes 89.
This week’s episode is brought to you by Bitdefender QuickScan. Whenever you need a quick check or a second opinion, such as before logging into your favorite game, when using your bank account or buying something online, use QuickScan, directly from your browser.
- Federal reserve is watching BitCoin.
- Coin combines all your credit cards into one card no one accepts.
- Snapchat turns down 3 billion offer from Facebook. Wow.
- Russia is building its own GPS alternative, and some American spies don’t want buildings in the country for it. Because spying.
- Yahoo is selling a bunch of old domains. James: want one?
- Am I ugly? People on Reddit can’t stop asking.
- Mom hides her hacker son’s laptop from the FBI…in the kitchen cabinet.
- Remember Waston, the computer that won Jeopardy? Soon you’ll be able to rent it, online.
- Sony sold over 1 million PS4s on the first day.
- Valve to reveal virtual reality prototype.
- Polygon gives the Xbox One an 8 and the PS4 a 7.5. Console wars are brewing.
We also talk about the PS4, which Dave has been using, and have plenty of feedback and stories from you guys, the listeners.