This week: SteamOS! The year of Linux gaming is finally here. No, seriously! Also, in a bizarre twist of fate, the world’s favorite spambot turns out to be human – and people are crushed by the news. And we sit down with Aibek Esengulov, the mysterious non-spambot who pays us to do all those things you like it when we do.
This week’s show is brought to you by Bitdefender Family Pack. You can use the Bitdefender Family Pack license for all the devices a family member has. Family Pack can cover 3 or 5 family members. A subscription for 3 people has been reduced from $99.95 for $49.97 and from $129.95 to $64.98 for 5 family members. This is definitely the time to sign up.
- Circuits.io Arduino emulator and circuit design
- STEAM OS: ZOMG
- Famous Twitter spambot horse_ebooks turns out to be human. So much weirder than you’d think…
- No, your iPhone isn’t waterproof because of a software update. Are Apple fans stupid, or is their branding just that good?
- In Spain, linking to pirate material will now net you 6 years in prison.
- The history of comments, and why we’re stuck with them; in related news, YouTube will soon only allow verified comments with a g+ account, and Popular Science just turns them off.
- Why is Microsoft burning cash on another Surface run?
- Surface 2 video shows start menu! Is this a sign?
- Blackberry lays off 40 per cent of staff.
- Soon we’ll be able to use our electronic devices during take-off.
- Fake reviews will never, ever go away. Ever.
- New Google spinoff to defeat aging. #KurzwielWasRight
- Not content with reselling iPads, Microsoft will buy your old iPhone too. Wonder why Apple doesn’t do this? The resale value of a Windows phone would be negative after processing fees!
And of course, we have plenty of feedback from you, the loyal listeners. Keep it coming. Don’t forget, if you miss the live show you can subscribe on iTunes!