This week on Technophilia podcast, we’ll show you how to shoot things for fun, profit, and with the ultimate goal of removing Justin Beiber from the Internet. Also, Microsoft is getting a little extra time to change the name of SkyDrive, we’ll “help” them come up with a new one, and Zynga is suing “Bang With Friends” because apparently they are the only ones allowed to do stuff with their friends.
This week, we are being joined by MakeUseOf’s own Christian!
This week’s episode is brought to you by Bitdefender’s SafePay. With it you can Stay connected on-the-go without putting your privacy at risk! Bitdefender Safepay is a FREE desktop app that features a secure hacker-proof browser. It engages to keep all your online banking and e-shopping transactions secure!
MakeUseOf News You Can Use
- Comcast is working on “helpful” copyright popups.
- Sky has agreed to give Microsoft a “reasonable amount of time” to rebrand SkyDrive.
- Another reason not to use Android: remote microphone activation by FBI.
- The Queen had a speech ready to give for World War III, in the 80s.
- Zynga is suing “Bang With Friends”, because they apparently own the “With Friends” market.
- Google reverses Net Neutrality stance, because apparently selling broadband means you have to become evil.
- The “Hacker Madness” tactic.
- Japanese bathroom goers subject to remote bidet assault exploits – Bluetooth and toilets, a great mix.
- In case you didn’t know, turns out the government does, in fact, read emails without a warrant.
- Apple faces 5-year ban for e-book price rigging conspiracy
- As if users aren’t already annoying with Facebook, its set to let companies play 15 second auto-playing videos.
- Ask.fm trouble in the US and UK for enabling internet bullying.
And of course, we have plenty of feedback from our loving, albeit slightly crazy, listeners.