This week: Retirement, retirement, retirement, retirement! We offer an in-depth look at the career of one Steven Balmer. And by that I mean tell some chair jokes. Syria’s electronic army continues using the tactics of bored sixteen year olds to make some sort of point. And we browse the bargain bin of startups in an attempt to find the next big thing. Dave: we found one that’s perfect for you.
This week’s episode is brought to you by Bitdefender Internet Security, which is the acknowledged Antivirus of the Year. With a non-intrusive and extremely fast scanning technology, it offers enhanced silent security against e-threats.
- Superior security for all your data
- Extremely fast. Non-intrusive. With Bitdefender Photon™
- Guards your online transactions. Protects your digital identity.
- Reveals your kids’ online activities. Restricts them when necessary.
- Protects your Internet connection with its firewall
- Ding dong, the witch is dead. Steve Ballmer to retire within next year!
- A retrospective, nine years later: did Balmer #&*@ing kill Google? We break down the evidence.
- Daily Mail falls for fake story, every one else copies because Internet.
- How ESPN protects is multi-billion dollar sports channel.
- Did you really need another reason to not use Windows 8? German government warns key entities not to use it after revelations that a remote control backdoor is built in the OS and cannot be disabled.
- Failed startups for sale. Maybe Dave can start a collection…this one is relevant to his interests.
- You can’t have this: White XboxOne for employees only (and eBay)
- This could be good for society: a keyboard that shocks you when you try to use Facebook.
- . Can we please stop this nonsense now?
- 2% of American doesn’t have broadband access, but 20% choose not to have it.
- Internet? At Burning Man? Yep.
MakeUseOf News You Can Use
- Calibre 1.0 is out! Best way to manage your ebooks, bar none.
- Google adds more to its definitions. They should just embed everything into search and kill off the wider web.
- Yahoo adds photos to its weather app. Pack it up, Melissa: the company is saved.
- When you download a PS4 game on your smartphone, the PS4 wakes up automatically to start the download. Technology is great.
- GTA V is really pushing the limit this time.
- Dave got a new PC monitor!