Knowing multiple languages is a respectable skill and can help you if you find yourself in a different part of the world than your own. While there are many sites that let you learn new languages, few websites let you systematically help others learn your own native language. One of these rare sites is Tatoeba.
In order to use Tatoeba you will first need to register for a free account. Once registered, you can search for sentence translations in any languages. It is up to you which language you type the original sentence in and which language you want to see the output in. Your sentence is then searched from Tatoeba’s database; the database comprises of many user-submitted sentences and translations.
People can make corrections to incorrect translations through suggestions. To better help others, audio files can be uploaded to demonstrate the correct pronunciation of words. You can use the search option to search for sentences, view random sentences along with their translations, or submit your own sentences plus translations.
- A unique website that helps you learn languages and allows you to help others learn new languages.
- You can search for sentences.
- You can view a random sentence.
- You can submit your own sentences plus translations.
- You can upload and listen to audio files of sentences for better pronunciation.
- Similar tools: NiceTranslator, ConveyThis, Live Translator, Woxikon, GoogleTranslatorToolkit, Mobile Translator and Frengly.
- Also read related articles:5 Twitter Translation Tools That Help With Tweets In Other Languages
3 Tips for Quick and Free Translation Between Languages
Top 4 Online Translation Services
Fun Tools to Translate Your Name into Japanese Calligraphy.
Check out Tatoeba @ www.tatoeba.org