Using the Internet to share images on your phone with friends sitting right next to you can become a needlessly slow process when the Internet connection is a slow one. The image sharing can be made much faster if you are both connected to the same network. Here to help you with this is a phone app called Tapestry.
Tapestry is a free to use smartphone application that is sized at nearly 5 MB and is compatible with device running Android version 2.3 or later. The application can be used to hook up with nearby Android phone owners who have Tapestry installed; the connection is made directly with them over Wi-Fi and they are shown a slideshow of images that you show them. They can conveniently view the images and choose to download the ones they want to save on their phones. The slideshow is synchronized; pinch-to-zoom and panning the images are also synchronized.
- A user-friendly phone app.
- Compatible with Android devices.
- Lets you easily share images with nearby Android phones.
- Can connect over Wi-Fi directly with other phones.
- Slideshows are synchronized across all devices.
- Similar tools: PhotoCircle, and Bump.
Check out Tapestry @ play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ekatasystems.apps.tapestry