SugarSync is an all-in-one file backup and synchronization service that offers real-time file sync, automatic backup and mobile access for your files, music and photos. Automatically keep you files synchronized across multiple PCs. Access your files on any computer you use, from any web browser or phone. SugarSync monitors specified folders on your PC and keeps a fresh copy of them on a secure web account. All file changes are automatically synchronized with the web version and your other PCs.
In order to use SugarSync you need to download and install SugarSync manager. Once it’s been installled, you will notice two different folders:
Web Archive: A place to put copies of files that you do not want to automatically sync when you edit or delete the original version. Basically, it’s a plain backup soultion.
Magic Briefcase: Any changes you make to a file in this folder will be synced across all of your other computers.
Update: I just realised that Sugarsync is not a free service, all you can get for free is a 45-day trial version. Sorry, I completely missed that. Fortunately, there is an equally good alternative that is free. Check out Dropbox, it’s still in closed beta though, so you may need to wait bit.
- Keep files in sync across multiple PCs, Macs and mobile devices.
- Add additonal folders to SugarSync watch list.
- Photo gallery: Automatically adds uploaded images to photo gallery section..
- Keep photo albums private, pulic or shared.
- Install SugarSync Manager and keep you files synchronized with as many computers as you want.
- Free account is limited to 10 GB of storage space.
- Access your files and photos from mobile phone: m.sugarsync.com.
- Address book: Import contacts from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and AOL.
Check out SugarSync @ www.sugarsync.com