StumbleUpon is a massive community, a platform helping users quickly discover cool websites, photos and videos matching their interests. With around 3 mil. registered members it became most powerful and easiest content recommendation service on the web.
“Channel surf the internet with the StumbleUpon toolbar to find great websites, videos, photos and more based on your interests. StumbleUpon learns what you like and makes better recommendations.”
How it works:
To become part of StumbleUpon community you need to install StumbleUpon browser toolbar (IE, Firefox). Once up and running you’re ready to start stumbling. Everytime you press ‘Stumble’ on your browser toolbar you’ll be taken to some website which was recommended by other stumblers with similar interests. By optionally rating these websites you can automatically share them (only ones you like) with like-minded people and at the same time train StumbleUpon about what you do and don’t like. The more you rate the better recommendations get.
Some other features available from your Toolbar
- Rate stuff (Thumb/Up down), send by email, share with friends, etc.
- Update interests for more specific recommendations (Cars, Fashion, Internet, Computers, etc.)
- Click Photos: To start Stumbling through user-recommended photos
- StumbleVideo: Stumble through user-recommended videos. (Recommended)
- Read reviews for the page you’re on