If you’re learning to play the electric bass, you might notice the resources online for the instrument are scarce when compared to the girth of content available for guitarists. Fear not however, because of StudyBass.com.
The site, the brainchild of a bass instructor with over 2,000 students experience, aims to supplement in-person electric bass guitar lessons online (although if you have enough discipline you could conceivably use the site to teach yourself a lot.) The site consists of lessons to read, supplemented with videos and audio clips, as well as a variety of exercises, quizzes and songs.
A study guide takes you through the basics of music theory, including reading music and the role of the bass guitar in modern music, and eventually onto playing the blues and complex chords.
A word of advice from the site’s creator: if you’re going to use this site without the help of an in-person instructor, be sure to record yourself regularly. This will allow you to hear yourself as you really sound and (hopefully) allow you to be self-critical.
- Online supplement to in-person bass lessons.
- Topics range from basic to in-depth.
- Text lessons supplemented by music and video.
- Quizzes and exercizes for most lessons.
- Songs to practice what you’re learning in the form of PDF sheet music.
- Similar sites: TuneMyBass, Get-Tuned and ZentaoGuitarLessons.
Check out StudyBass.com @ StudyBass.com