Sitting all day during work makes us unhealthy, but we can’t get ourselves to stand up until we take a break. Fortunately, StandApp is an iOS app that reminds us to stand up and stretch at regular intervals.
While any timer app can buzz you anytime, StandApp goes beyond the simple timer by offering you some stretching tips and physical activities. You can choose between intervals from 30 to 120 minutes. It will also let you know once your stretching time is finished and signal you to go back to your desk.
StandApp provides some lessons on the bad effects of a sedentary lifestyle. Other than stretching, it also instructs you to do some exercises like taking long blinks, focusing your eyes on your fingers, and more. All these things should help you create the habit of standing up and stretching every hour.
StandApp is a habit-builder for those who are at their desk job and need constant reminders to be active. Even if you are at work, you can still shake the sedentary lifestyle with regular breaks and movements, and this app can help you out.
- Remind you to stand up and stretch at regular intervals.
- Read stretching tips and other movements that benefit.
- Helps you build the habit of being active even at your desk job.
- Simple interface.
- Available only in iOS.
- Similar tools: eyeBreak and BreakTaker.
- Also read: 3 Tools To Remind Yourself To Take A Break & Relax While Working At The Computer.
Check out StandApp @ https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/standapp/id541403079?mt=8