Spreeder is one of a kind service that helps you learn speed reading. The idea behind it is to train your mind to process only what’s necessary and disregard anything that has a negative effect on your reading speed, i.e. backtracing. and subvocalization.
“Reading with speed. ‘Nuf said. Actually, the idea behind speed reading is that we can process information much faster than we actually do in real life with a book in our hands. Several factors affect our reading speed, like subvocalization (the little voice inside our heads that reads along with us and slows us down), backtracing (rereading parts over and over again), etc. The purpose behind apps like these is to train our minds to get rid of all the other crap.”
- Customize: preferred reading speed, chunk size (number of words per view), font color and size, background color and text alignment.
- Speed variability: Slow down for larger and speed up for smaller text chunk sizes.
- Option to skip over the words that have no additional meaning.
- View real-time stats to see where you stand against other spreeder users.
- Browser bookmarklet (Firefox / IE): Easily copy text from any webpage and instantly load it to spreeder.
Check out Spreeder @ www.spreeder.com