Windows 7 and Mac users can now use their iPad as a wi-fi connected second monitor, by using the Splashtop XDisplay software. The software enables you to view and control your computer using pinch-to-zoom gestures, changing orientation and a virtual keyboard on the iPad.
Without conversion or loss of functionality, you can now view processor-intensive apps, flash animations and more on your iPad by running them on your desktop. This could make it easy to share content with others in the same room, by displaying the content on the iPad. Users can also lock the iPad display if need be, to ensure security.
To install, download the Splashtop XDisplay app for the iPad and install the Splashtop Streamer software.
- Use Your iPad as a wi-fi connected second monitor.
- Run entertainment applications in the iPad monitor while you work at your desktop.
- Run flash-based games or animations on your iPad without the hassle of converting.
- On-screen virtual keyboard input available.
- Similar tools: Junkyard Jumbotron and ScreenPerfect.
Check out Splashtop XDisplay for iPad @ http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/splashtop-xdisplay/id446493657?mt=8