Before the title leads you to assume that this is a panoramic photo capture tool, let me tell you we are not. This new app called SpinCam is an interesting tool that lets you capture what they call “360-degree spins” from your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad’s camera which can be uploaded to their website and shared with the world easily. They say it’s a new medium that’s different from both a panoramic photo and a video.
I don’t have an iPhone so I couldn’t try this tool but the folks at Mashable have uploaded a 360-degree spin of their San Francisco office which should give you an idea about how these pictures look. Note that you can easily rotate the photo from one end to another.
- Create 360-degree spins of a moment.
- App for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Free to use.
- Uploaded the spins to their website and share.
- Similar tools: PanoramaPro, Generate A Panorama, Dermandar.
- Also read “5 Dead-Easy Ways to Create Your Own Panoramic Photos“.
Check out SpinCam @ itunes.apple.com/us/app/spincam/id503987242?mt=8