If you are a busy person and don’t have the time to read all the online articles that are important for you, check out SoundGecko. It is a text-to-audio transcribing service that converts articles to MP3 audio format and lets you listen to them while you are driving in your car, in subway or walking home. Simply go to their website, enter the article’s link and your email address into the field and click “Get MP3″. Once the link is processed, you will get the MP3 version of the article in your email.
Furthermore, the app has an extension for Chrome. You simply press the SoundGecko button in your browser (while on the page) and it does the conversion. If you’d prefer to store the files in the cloud, the app integrates with Google Drive and Dropbox and automatically syncs the copy of your converted audio file to the cloud.
- Converts online articles to MP3 audio format.
- To convert, enter article URL on the website or send to email@example.com.
- Chrome extension – press the button in the browser to convert the article.
- Google Drive and Dropbox intergration – automatically syncs converted audio files to the cloud.
- No registration.
- Similar tools: Announcify, Zazu, TweJay, RoboVoice, Text To Voice, BlindSpeak, DragonDictate, Vozme, SpokenText, Odiogo, Text-to-Speech, PedioPhon and Spesoft Text to Speech Software.
Check out SoundGecko @ www.soundgecko.com