USA Today has used Google Maps and tons of data to track toxic air pollution outside 128,000 US schools. Each school is also identified on Google Maps and given a national rank in comparison to other schools. You can enter the name of any school to see its details or select a particular state to see all its schools.
Detailed listings of each school shows how bad the exposure is to cancer-causing toxics and other toxic chemicals. The t0ol also identifies top chemicals that are most responsible for toxicity outside that school and top polluters responsible for toxins outside the school.
It is a great tool for parents to know the schools better when making a decision.
- Track pollution around each US school.
- Includes information for 128,000 schools.
- Search by school name or state.
- See top chemicals and polluters around the school.
- No registration required.
- Similar sites: What’s-In-YourWater and Toxic Water.
Visit SmokeStackEffect @ www.content.usatoday.com/news/nation/environment/smokestack/index